Important Dates To Remember
Important dates for Individuals
There are a number of dates during the year when returns are due to be filed or payments are due to be paid. Also, there are dates when we pay credits or benefits to you. This page gives information about these important dates.
- Filing due dates for tax returns
- Balance owing
- When do you have to pay your 2018 instalments?
- GST/HST credit: payments
- Canada child benefit: payments
- Important dates for RRSP, RDSP, HBP and LLP
- Due date for paying a balance owing on a T1-OVP – Individual Income Tax Return for RRSP Excess Contributions
- Due date for paying the balance owing on the final return of a deceased person
- When to pay a balance due on your T3 return
- Tax payable on TFSAs
Important dates for businesses
Dates you should know about that apply to your business activities. These include:
- when to file income returns
- when to file information returns
- when to make payments, including any to your instalment accounts
When the due date for filing a return falls on a Saturday, a Sunday, or a public holiday recognized by the CRA, we consider the return to be filed on time if it is sent to us on the next open business day.
When the due date for making a payment falls on a Saturday, a Sunday, or a public holiday recognized by the CRA, we consider the payment to be made on time if we receive it on the next open business day.
The CRA offers a mobile app that lets you create reminders of dates that are important for your business. For more information, go to Mobile apps.
If you liked this post and this raised your interest in getting in touch, we can connect and learn how I can be your financial quarterback.